Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello!! My guppies are in a community tank and they look a little bored. So if I put a bubble stone in (there will still be a filter) would the guppies play in the bubbles. Also would it add more oxygen to the tank? If you need to know the other fish for the tank (just in case they don't do good with the fish) I can tell you.
Thanks!!
Luv4bettas :fish2:

I think the guppies would like that. My two guppies play in the bubbles all the time; actually they don't do much else cause they don't like to swim through the tubes I have in the tank.

Hello!! My guppies are in a community tank and they look a little bored. So if I put a bubble stone in (there will still be a filter) would the guppies play in the bubbles. Also would it add more oxygen to the tank? If you need to know the other fish for the tank (just in case they don't do good with the fish) I can tell you.

Thanks!!

Luv4bettas :fish2:

They may and they may not. It all depends on the personality of the fish themselves. As for adding the airstone, it doesn't add the oxygen per say. It's a molecule that floats CO2 to the surface and the gas exchange takes place at the surface of the water where the water expels the lifted CO2 and replaces it with the incoming O2.

To know the other fish to help you stock your tank is definitely helpful. As well as the tank size and filter info, how long it's been running, etc.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

How many guppys do you have?

Min should be
2fem 1 male ore 5 males

You should also have
A couple plants
(Hiding spots)

An air stone will improve your water circulation and it does move oxygen,
My fish like to play on it to

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414977128.532188.jpg

I have atleast 20 guppies. I am not sure what gender because they are feeder guppies and the other fish they are with are
A Molly
A mystery snail
A minnow
An ADF
Two long nose gars
They live in a 40 gallon tank and the filter has been running for about 4 months November is the 5th month and if there is any other information you need about those fish I can probably give it to you I was just wondering if the bubbles will harm my fish in any way? Probably not, but better to be safe than sorry

Luv4bettas

The bubbles are harmless! The fish love it they actually will play with the bubbles
And it helps with your water circulation

Back
Top Bottom