Guppies and Rosy Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xplanes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two Rosy Barbs, One Blue Flame Tetra, one Aneas catfish, and three oto's. I have read that tiger barbs are agressive. My Rosy Barbs are not except when the Tetra picks on them. The Tetra only seems to bother the Barbs. Would adding Guppies be a realy bad idea?

Hi there
One way to cut down aggression in an aquarium is groups, you should never buy your fish in 1s.
All fish swim in groups, as for guppies if you just put males into a tank they will group up and fin nip other fish. with guppys you want a ratio of 1 male for every 3 females this will keep him happy but that wont stop your other fish nipping him.
By putting fish in groups that keeps them occupied with there own kind and they tend to leave other fish alone.

No, but if xplanes added another flame tetra or two, they would probably not 'pick' on the other fish at all. My tetras (Which I have in a small group with other community fish) are completely peaceful.

i wouldn't be worried about tetra aggresion- the tiger barbs would be the only real prob.

Back
Top Bottom