guppies and what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deli_conker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do guppies do well with serpae and cardinal tetras? I'm wondering because I'm about to add serpaes and cardinals to an empty 30 gal and I'd like to reclaim my 10 as a QT tank. Currently there are 2 guppies in the 10 gal.

At some point I may add some dwarf gouramis as well. Will the guppies still be safe?

From my experience serpaes can be a bit nippy. The guppy tails may be too much of a temptation for them. How many serpaes were you planning to add? If you have 6+ it will reduce the risk of that happening.
It can also depend on the individual fishes personality, you might get nicer enclined ones than I did. Or maybe the serpaes I had were psychos!
I dont think there will be a problem with the cardinals or the dwarf gouramis.

Good luck!

I keep neon tetras (pretty much same as cardinals) and a long finned serpae in my 20 with my male guppy and they all get along fine. I am about to introduce my 10 fry from the breeder net in the same tank. There will be no problems what so ever. You're good to go!!!

I'm looking at 6-8 cards, 6-8 serpaes, 2-3 dwarf gouramis (maybe powder blue dwarfs).

I'll have to keep an eye out for any nippy-ness going on. We'll have to see.

I've kept neons with guppys with no issues.. I did have an issue once with a dwarf gourami not liking the guppys but he was angry and bitter.. :)

i tried adding guppies to my tank with serpae tetras in it, it lasted less than 10 seconds. I'd be careful what you put in with serpaes they are nippy lil buggers

Back
Top Bottom