Guppies from Petsmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inno

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed they separate the males and females. I bought another female from them today to take some of the stress off of my other females and while looking in the male tank I noticed some guppies with gravid spots. While mine is from the female tank it does not have a gravid spot. "I picked it for its color and breeding purposes" Any chance they got mixed up and I just bought another male? :(

Highly Likely. I don't think males have gravid spots, nor females lack of it. All the female guppies I've seen and kept had it.

Highly Likely. I don't think males have gravid spots, nor females lack of it. All the female guppies I've seen and kept had it.

That's what I thought, I did not really wanna make the girl feel dumb tho. lol. I guess I just made my harassment situation worse.

That's what I thought, I did not really wanna make the girl feel dumb tho. lol. I guess I just made my harassment situation worse.
You do have the right to point it out to the store manager if you feel like you want to do so. If not, just say you want a female guppy knowing it's a male guppy haha:)

Good Luck:)

You do have the right to point it out to the store manager if you feel like you want to do so. If not, just say you want a female guppy knowing it's a male guppy haha:)

Good Luck:)

lol yup that would work.
Is it possible that it would have a clear gravid spot if it was young? Its way smaller than my other females and still smaller than the males. The males do seem interested in it also. I just added it minutes ago.

lol yup that would work.
Is it possible that it would have a clear gravid spot if it was young? Its way smaller than my other females and still smaller than the males. The males do seem interested in it also. I just added it minutes ago.
Might be possible. Try waiting. If they don't breed or she doesn't get pregnant, you know they were right, witch I highly doubt.

Back
Top Bottom