Guppy clamping fins after addition of another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I previously had a single guppy in my 20 gallon long tank and after adding another male I found in, he has started to keep his fins clamped against his body and his tail squished together as well. Thinking he likely needs to get used to the new tank mate and maybe has some issues with another male being around. Water is tested and good. Thought I'd see if anyone else has similar stuff happen adding new fish. Tank also has 6 tummynose tetras

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No, i did not. This tank is newer and understocked as it it, and also has the filter media i would use to start one. Figured id have to take my chances on this one. But the "clamping" was directly after adding the other fish pretty much as soon as it seen the other. So it wouldnt be illness quite yet i dont think unless it could be instantly transferred lol The patterns are simular so im thinking more towards the two male thing since theres no females. This particular guppy always stuck to himself and seemed more reclusive when with others so maybe i will keep him as the sole guppy in the tank

Back
Top Bottom