Guppy death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So can guppies fight and kill one another... I found my guppy dead he was fine last night but his tank mate fights him and I want to know if that will kill them because I have 2 gups left and now he is fighting with the other....fyi the fish I found dead didn't look like bites were taken out of him

They will not persay kill each other but constant stress, being kept from food will have the same effect. How many and what sex are your guppies? What size tank?

IME guppies are the quickest fish, that I personally have kept, to jump on another fish that has an illness. I keep a group of male guppies and if I see them nipping at one, I know that one definitely has something wrong with it, and the signs of that typically become visible later if they aren't already. I have never seen agression between healthy males. It certainly could happen, with any fish, but guppies are generally really peaceful with eachother. The more the merrier though, and you want atleast three, so I'd add a couple more.

rich311k said:
What else is in the tank? Maybe get them some girls.

I've got
7 peppered cory
6 bleeding hearts
5 harlequin rasborias
3 neons
2 guppies
2 farlowella cats
2 flying foxes
1 dwarf gourami
10 rcs
5 tiger shrimp
3 amano shrimp