Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Guppy Fin Damaged

My male guppy's fin got damaged somehow a while back so I seperated him from the rest and have been treating with Medicated Fungus Tablets. The tablets say they are for fin rot and other diseases. Well, he has been in the hospital tank for about a month and i dont see much progress. His tail fin doesnt seem to work very well if at all. He does move around but with difficulty and he eats regularly. Should I introduce him back into the tank yet? Also will his fin get better with some other treatment? I just dont know if he's going to heal or if the other fish will bother him because he cant swim well.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to willowthepoet
other fish would probably bother him. try melafix... and take the carbon out of the filter on your hospital tank. i have no idea what a fungus tablet could possibly be, but melafix will probably help out the little guy.

if it was fungus, you would see spots on him or the ends of the fins looking fuzzy, but if he just got beat up, it'll look like there are just pieces missing. melafix will help the latter because it's kinda like fish neosporin, it'll stop any infections and help heal the wound.

Tags
fin, fin damage, guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com