Guppy fry and ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can i keep my 12 2 week old guppy fry in a 2.5 gallon tank with 4 small ghost shrimp and 1 large ghost shrimp? I have them in a breeders net now, but want to/need to move them soon. Are they large/fast enough now to not get eaten by the shrimp?

I have two female bettas that will need to be moved out, but I have a 20gal they can go in for the mean time. TIA!!

Hm....not sure about 2 week old guppies....if you can put plants and lots of places for them both to hide in and feed the tank well, I don't see why they couldn't co-exist in the same tank.

It really depends on the species of ghost shrimp. There are lots of different shrimp sold under the same name. Some are scavengers while others are predatory. Do you have a pic of your ghost shrimp?

I don't know what type of ghost/glass shrimp I had but they were more than willing to grab a guppy fry and eat it. The largets I had was under an inch and they would try their best to grab anything they thought they could eat.

Back
Top Bottom