Guppy Fry Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A day after i guess. just get a plastic bag, cut it on its side, throw the flake smash it and its ready to go.

My fry love the micro-organisms in the java moss. Whatever other food particles that got into the moss was what they would feed on. I would also soak some encapsulated brine shrimp in garlic guard and give them that. They loved it.

For the first week they eat algae and infourisia, small particles in the water. After that you can feed them very fine flakes or brine shrimp or water daphinia.

Matt68005 said:
For the first week they eat algae and infourisia, small particles in the water. After that you can feed them very fine flakes or brine shrimp or water daphinia.

I don't think you should wait a week to feed them- I think they use up their yolk sacs within 48 hours. I give microworms to Endlers (very similar to guppies) after 24 hours and they'll eat a lot of it.

gabysapha said:
I don't think you should wait a week to feed them- I think they use up their yolk sacs within 48 hours. I give microworms to Endlers (very similar to guppies) after 24 hours and they'll eat a lot of it.

I agree, they come out swimming unlike egg layers. I don't know if they have a yolk sac, but I've never looked really closely.

Far as I know or observed they consume the egg sac pre-birth.

Feed mine finely ground flake, decapsulated brine shrimp, and if it's a group I've pulled for some reason they get some "first bites". Since they so rarely get pulled from the adult colonys they get to feed / eat as soon as they want I just be sure when I feed the adults to make sure some of the flake is very fine.

I've sorted it now got 38 fry from 2 different births and all have survived

Back
Top Bottom