Guppy Fry-Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koopamaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone. Ok so I just got my first batch of guppy fry! Getting a little nervous and I was wondering what I should do. So far I see 6 or 7 about a centimeter long. I was trying to net out the 3 adult guppies but as I was trying I noticed that they saw the fry and they did not even try to eat them. Is it safe to keep them together or should I still move them. Also I am not sure whether there are more guppies that will be born as I only noticed them today, so should I leave the mom inside the tank. Thanks in advance.

A good rule to keep in mind with fish is if it fits in the mouth it's a snack. Most Likely if you leave them on there casualties wiill fallow bit if you wanna leave them in make sure there is lots of cover. Floating ferny plants seem to provide the best cover.

A good rule to keep in mind with fish is if it fits in the mouth it's a snack. Most Likely if you leave them on there casualties wiill fallow bit if you wanna leave them in make sure there is lots of cover. Floating ferny plants seem to provide the best cover.

Well I have a medium sized bushy java fern and an El Nino Fern, but I also have a pagoda decoration that has a several nice crevices to hide in. But most of the fry are just swimming around in the open :p.

Yea I'm going to have to anyway. I couldnt catch them after 10 mins. And also I noticed there are actually only like 3 so they might be a few days old and possibly the only survivors.

Back
Top Bottom