guppy only tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my aunts has a 125 all guppies it's actually really cool

It shouldn't be all the males make it very flashy just make sure to get the fantail type ones with large tails make it look more flashy I'm going to suggest to get maybe a small Pleco like a BN just to help with algae.

As said above, 55 is the biggest I have heard of. I heard local sayings that there is a guppy fanatic that has a 200 gallon guppy only, but I can't confirm that.

I agree to get a variety, take a look around at the cool species. Guppies are everywhere. Take your pick on the prettiest one.

It depends on what you classify as a tank. Some large guppy suppliers have huge tanks that are as big as cars full of different strains. If you are wanting to breed them, I suggest you only get one kind per tank, but if you just want them to look cool, get whatever you want.

I want to breed them, but the fact that they are from petsmart makes seperating irrelevant. If I have a chance to get my hands on some of the more expensive kind that breed true I will definitely take special measures.

I want to breed them, but the fact that they are from petsmart makes seperating irrelevant. If I have a chance to get my hands on some of the more expensive kind that breed true I will definitely take special measures.

Ok. The most important thing is to have a plan to seperate different strains and culls and fry.

Not too much into guppy breeding, but I know enough to say that you would make more money by separating the strains (as said above). It's your choice, but some get a kick out of seeing what cool colors you can breed by throwing species together.

Not too much into guppy breeding, but I know enough to say that you would make more money by separating the strains (as said above). It's your choice, but some get a kick out of seeing what cool colors you can breed by throwing species together.

You could always do that with seperated strains too. With multiple strains, multiple tanks is the most important thing. You can always mix portions of strains and see what the result is in one tank, while keeping the most of the strains seperate.

Ok check out my new post, I could us e some input from people with experience. The title is GUPPIES!!

Back
Top Bottom