Guppy pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I think my guppy might be pregnant. Never bred guppies before so does anyone know approximately how long until this fish has its babies?
Cheers, SidIMG_2307.jpg

I would say around 8-10 days. You will notice her swell more and eventually her stomach will look almost like a box. Once this happens, she will give birth within a day or less. Hope this helps

Thanks jonah8008, I shall get a breeding box then!

Thanks jonah8008, I shall get a breeding box then!

How many fish are in the tank? I’ve bred guppies for a couple of years now and I have never had any luck with breeder boxes. The fish get very stressed and can hold in the babies (sounds crazy I know). If there aren’t too many fish in the tank, you can add lots of hiding spots and the babies will quickly find them and survive, as long as there isn’t too much current. If this isn’t an option, I hope you have better luck with the boxes than I have!

I have 13 fish in the tank - 3 guppies, 3 platies, 3 plecos, 1 Gourami and some Tetra...
I'll do some research and see what's best

I just had 2 endlers who had babies withing a week and a half of each other, and they both looked like yours, she looks like she could have them anyday. I'm not sure how much my first one because I only found 3 the next mourning, my 2nd one had about 8, mine did fine out of the breeder box although I think my other fish ate a few but I still have 7. Mine seem to have gone and hid in my swords.

Back
Top Bottom