Guppy Tank parameter (GH KH PH) question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AuraBoyX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Another member suggested that I post this in the main 'general' forum... For reference the my other post was in the 'Unhealthy Freshwate Fish' forum... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...h-neomycin-combo-safe-188172.html#post1744086

I have a 55 Gallon guppy 'problem tank' with which I have treated with Neoplex the detail of all this can be read in the thread above.

The question I am posting here is in regards to water parameters... I went out and purchased a KH/GH test kit and tested my GH, KH & PH parameters on the 'problem' thank... I was kind of shocked by the results and cannot make sense of the whole GH, PH, KH relationships with everything I read online.

This is what I tested:

PH = 7.0

KH = 3° (50 ppm)

GH = 37° (616 ppm)

SG (Marine Salt) = 1.001

Ammonia = 0

Nitrites = 0

Nitrates = 40

Tank Temp = 78.4°

Can anyone shed some light on these readings? The guppys and the few bumblebee gobies in the tank seem to be fine (apart from the former Guppy illnesses that have ceased since the Neoplex)... Yet alot of the Snails in the tank have white in their shells. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Also, for perspective -

The GH of my tap water is 9°
The GH of my 75 gallon freashwater (no salt) tank is 14°
The GH of my 20 gallon 3" large flowerhorn tank (which is salted with normal Aquarium salt) is 21°

Something tells me these are all high as well.

Back
Top Bottom