Guppy, weird tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regen311

Aquarium Advice Freak
I inherited 4 baby guppies when my sister's guppy had babies and she didnt' have room for them. All 4 of them are very healthy and active. However, as one of the guppies started to grow up, I noticed that her tail bends down. While the other guppies have straight bodies, this one just has a weird bent down tail. Her spine is straight (she's a black tuxedo, so I can pretty much see through her) but it just look lik ethere's a samll a rch up at the base of her tail and a small hump then her tail bends down. No bent spine though. She seems active and happy and I noticed this a couple weeks ago, so she's showing no signs of sickness or anything. Any ideas?

I have a book on livebearers that says physical malformations can be caused by inbreeding.

wonderful. I'm sure that's waht it is. Her guppy probably was in a tank with its brothers/sisters at the pet store and got pregnant there. Thanks! At least I know the guppy isn't dying.

Back
Top Bottom