Guppys nipping each other's fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a tank with five male guppys 4molly two male two female and 2catfish my question is all my guppys keep getting nipped fins anyone know how's doing it ? Could it b cause there all male and need some females? I did have 6 but one had it hole tale ripped off and died day later help please love my guppys and don't wanna loose anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had 6 guppies that all died. The fins were in bad shape before they died and I suspect it was another fish, not sure who. I have a dwarf Gouramis, 2 Kribs, 2 Platys, 4 Danios, 2 Plecostomus and 3 Minnows. I don't think it was guppy fighting. It could be that guppies are more sensitive to water conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Also, I wonder if guppies rest on the bottom. This would make them targets to bottom feeders. Do you have a Loach?

Maybe turning the tempiture down (if it's not already) may calm them it worked for my fish

Iv never seen my guppys at the bottom there normally nearly middle and top i woke up today with another guppy tailless :( they've all aways go on fine it all started couple days go when I adde 3new male guppys I wonder if it's one of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom