Gus (my oldest pleco) has been adopted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kari

Aquarium Advice Activist
A good friend of mine has a 29 gal. tank, with just a blue dwarf gourami and 1 ghost shrimp. They were having problems with algae, and were talking about getting a pleco, so I just let them adopt Gus (he was my oldest pleco). I've checked up on him a few times over the last week, and he seems to be liking his new home :) I DO miss the little guy, but I know he's better off with all the room he's got in the new tank.

Thats nice....my last two common plecos were 20" long (but only 15 months old) when they went to new homes almost 3 years ago...wish I could see them now.

Well...unfortunately, they lost their gourami :( It went carpet surfing a couple times, and then they came home to find out that their kitten had been playing IN the tank, and at that point, the gourami was lost to them. I'd tried to tell them they should get a lid for the tank! Gus was smart though, he stayed hidden in the log, away from furry paws. They ended up getting some other fish, and have fashioned a 'lid' out of cardboard for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom