had a scare this morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raydowning

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i had a scare this morning. i woke up and terned on my 20g tank lights and i saw my pepered cory cat almost as white as my albino. i fed it and it was eating very good then after a little bit it got its coler back i tought for sure i had a sick fish. has this happened to any of yall befor. of if it is sick can you let me know what to do.

thanks

This also happened to me and I panicked but a mate of mine told me his do it aswell but if you put your room lite on then after about 5mins put your tank lite on it will not happen so I presume it's a light deprevation issue but causes no apparent harm.

Rick

This also happened to me and I panicked but a mate of mine told me his do it aswell but if you put your room lite on then after about 5mins put your tank lite on it will not happen so I presume it's a light deprevation issue but causes no apparent harm.

Rick
thanks for the info

so i got one cory that likes to play dead and one that likes to make me think it is sick those two like to keep me on my toes lol
thanks agen

Lol I had clown loaches when I first started up not knowing that they played dead and sleep upside down so know how you feel

Rick

so i got one cory that likes to play dead and one that likes to make me think it is sick those two like to keep me on my toes lol
thanks agen

I had a panic yesterday one of my corys was half buried in the sand with its head sticking out ... Off came the lid and I went to move it and the little so and so swam off :) nearly had a heart attack , it is one of my babies that I've had born in the tank so I would be devastated if it died..
Then one of my Ottos was on the outlet pipe this morning I thought it too had snuffed it ! Until I went to move it and it swam off ... Keeping us on our toes is an understatement lol...

But my peppered corys are very pale until the light goes on, I hope it's normal...

It's normal for fish to change color at night when sleeping. I have a school of cardinal tetras that turn completely grey every night.

Thanks I thought it must be normal, as my Pleco is always lighter first thing then he goes dark after his breakfast :) as do the corys ..

I find that if I turn the room lights on 5 min before tank lights it helps wake the colors up so to speak.

I have some very vibrant harlequin rasbora, i left the tank light off for a couple days - i was on quite a drinking session and wasn't able to turn it off at night so just left it off and when i got back and turned the light on they were gray, i thought they were ill, but a hour later back to their awesome colouration! :)

Thing is the natural light in my living room is brighter than the main lights ;) I have 2 big patio doors and a big window so plenty of natural light , that's why I don't have the tank lights on until about 3pm then off at 8pm ..

Thing is the natural light in my living room is brighter than the main lights ;) I have 2 big patio doors and a big window so plenty of natural light , that's why I don't have the tank lights on until about 3pm then off at 8pm ..

is it hard to keep your alage under control with the sunlight comming in your doors?

Not at all.. The 55g has very little if any algae ! But the other 2 which are at the other side of the room and get no where near as much light have algae !

Back
Top Bottom