hammerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it looks like a catfish, here in the philippines they call it hammerhead... ive been researching about this fish but found nothing. maybe because its only known by that name here :( il try to find a picture in the net

i askd the LFS they said it's a pangasius,i got this picture from the net but i dont know how to post it. it's a pink onee or white, i have a gray one too...

yes that's it... thanks lance :D i have an albino but it's still very small only 3" i didnt know they can get so big... i have 4 in my 10gal :(

No problem :lol: Just take the fish back to the store and get a refund. Then you can pick out some new fish for the ten gal.- make sure you know what they are first so you don't run into this problem again. I also have a ten gallon if you want some help.

You might not want to have this many but this is an overstocked tank: :?
3-White Cloud Mtn Minnows
3-Glowlight tetras
1- Rummy-nose Tetra (two died)
3- Brown-tail Pencilfish
2- Farlowella acus (Twig catfish)
1- Spotted Raphael Catfish
1- Spotted Dojo Loach
1- Flying Fox
1- Clown Pleco
2- African Dwarf Frogs
around 30 Japanese Trapdoor Snails
some MTS in there
around 13 Ghost Shrimp

Plants- Java Fern, Lace-Java Fern, Giant Hygrophila, Amazon Sword Plant.

It's a lot of stuff, but water conditions are stable + I gravel vac and change water every weekend. I'll probably be getting a bigger tank for Christmas to put them in.

Anything else? :wink:

that's a lot of fish... :lol: anyway it's nice to know that i'm not the only person here who has an overstocked tank, you know what's with my 4 catfish? 5 small goldfish and 1 bala shark. :oops:

Lance M. said:
Just take the fish back to the store and get a refund.

Just so someone else can purchase them for their 10 gallon? lol. They are commonly called iridescent sharks. They don't grow that big in captivity believe me and you think someone buys them for their aquarium with intentions of growing them to their full size? People in Thailand only try to raise them to that size for food. Most don't even grow past 15 inches in large tanks. However, I would NOT keep them in a 10 gallon because they are fast and need more room in length to swim. They get spooked easily & will often bump their noses against the tank walls (way more often in small tanks like a 10 gallon). If you are planning to get a bigger tank sometime soon (like a 90 gallon) I would keep them. If not, then take them back along with the bala & three goldfish. One goldfish needs 10 gallons all to itself.

You could keep the catfish for a BBQ :mrgreen:

Ya just like fsh said if your gettin a biger tank you could keep them, but they will probably eat any smaller fish you keep in there as they get bigger. And Gold fish do need a lot of space for themselves since they produce so much waste. Although I have a Fantail and a Black Moor (both 6.5 inches) in a five gallon.... I want a pond.... :)

ahhhhhh a 5 gallon. Actually these sharks are pretty peacefull, maybe they act more aggressive when kept in large groups but I don't know. I once put in a little guppy in the tank with my shark and he never showed interest in it. I also saw him being bullied by a baby female betta. But yeah they are very peaceful and skittish in my experience.

WOW that tank is full!

I have a German Ram (female), 3 spotted cories, and one oto in my 10Gallon. Planning to add a German Ram (male) sometime in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom