Hand = Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptnIgnit

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my male GBR (leader of the tank) frequently pops water with his mouth at the top of the tank when I walk up to it. Basically saying feed me.

Well today I was feeding him and all his tank mates like the norm and had the lid open while watching them. I had my left hand resting on the edge of the tank in a loose fist.

So as the food gets eaten up I can't seem to find my male GBR as he almost always runs up to the surface and asks for more food. well I get the scare of my life as I feel something bump against my left hands ring finger knuckle. Turns out he was hiding below my hand and proceeded to jump a little up out of the water and try and bite my hand!

what should I expect next? Puddles of water leading back to the tank with a note saying "feed me or else!" when I wake up in the morning?

lol my betta used to bit my finger whenever it came within an inch of the tank. i think u just have a very smart fish lol. but please make a post when u recieve the threat letter :)

I typically do one feeding at night and then occasionally throughout the week (usually 2 or 3 times) will do a morning "treat" feeding of frozen bloodworms.

I know all my fish are plenty health (and I have several plump tetra's to show for it), I just think he is glutton!

MY ROSY BARBS ADN DANIOS ARE ALWAYS NIPPING AT ME AND THEY GET FED 3 TIMES DAILY. I THINK THEY ARE BOTTOMLESS PITS, LOL.

same here cappie, I stick my arm in and the barbs think its a snack.

My Pristela Tetras like nipping at my arm hair when I go to clean the tank. Cute little critters.

my oscar bites. hard.

when he was smaller, he'd nip just about anything out of my fingers. now he's more selective and will only take bits of fresh meat (mostly raw steak and chicken) and some fresh veggies out of my hands. I'm learning that if i keep my fingers a certain distance from the water, he'll just jump out and grab the object from my hands instead of trying to take my fingers with it.

trotty said:
Ever had a BGK bite you? they give you quite a fright.... Not to mention the notorious Oscar. OUCH!!!!

your BGK bit you? how big is it, im wishing mine would get big enough to bite me.

but my ACF, whenever i stick my arm in the tank to hand feed him, being so blind, snaps everywhere, and when he grabs a finger, refuses to let go...

My 2 BGK are about 25-30cm long.... I put 50 neons in my 8ft and they were gone in 48hours....

Attachments

• 1ghost_knife_379.jpg
    1ghost_knife_379.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 26
You think that's bad? Try having a seahorse bite you..it's doesn't hurt..but it's really strange to say the least.

I also have two clownfish that LATCH onto my hand (i have to smakc then around now and then lol), a hippo tang that bites me, bullheads that chase my hand, an oscar that used to bite like crazy..a bass that nips..an aurautus that nips...two bichirs that TRY..two needlenose fish that look like they sometimes want to bite....and a CBS that sometimes attacks me.

Your not alone :p

Back
Top Bottom