Handsome Sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol. Thnx.

Im jus tryna find sumthin cool lookin to put in my tank

I'm keeping a silver tipped shark until it grows big, then I'm going to give it away since my 55g wont be enough. I think the silver tipped looks amazing.

The only "shark" I personally can think of off the top of my head that would go well in a tank that size ois the rainbow shark, or perhaps roseline sharks, but they might do better in a slightly larger tank. The roselines can also be pretty spendy. But, both of these species are actually cynaprids (minnows/carp). So, I am not sure why would want a "shark" specifically...

Maybe i should jus try another species.... Ive been lookin at discus. They are pretty kool lookin fish. But a lil expensive

Ya they are cool and expensive. The main problem with discus is that is your water isnt PERFECT they will die :( very high maintaince fish

Right now just a algae eater. I had a pirahna and a oscar but i gave they to my friend. They bout are very messy fish. I was glad to hand them over

What kind of algae eaters?

The only "sharks" that I would do in a community setting are really odessa barbs, which have torpedo-like body if that's what you're looking for. A school of six would look cool.

Discus are pretty but high-mainteance, as in perfect water parameters all the time, stable tank environment, super passive tank mates, and REALLY high temperature.

Discus are awesome if you can get past the pricetag. I know plenty of people have found good deals on them though. I would love to try them someday. They do seem to be some of the higher maintainence fw fish, but if you are devoted to their care it really shouldn't be a problem. :)
Were you thinking about doing more of a community this time around, or would you prefer just a few cool, larger fish again?

Ummm i was just trying to go for a cooler fish look. Last time i was going for aggressive and it didnt work out to well. I love oscars but they are jus way to messy for me. And the pirahna doubled it size very quickly. They started fighting of course. I have sand bottom so they pretty much clogged the filters daily. My id sharks are peacful but they hide alot. So my tank looks empty as soon as i turn on the light

Get a tiger fish, closest thing to a fresh water shark, problem is once mature they need a huge tank. The smaller species vittatus grows to be nearly three feet long and the Goliath double that.

Back
Top Bottom