happy danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the way those things jet around, I wouldn't put more than three in there. They need to stay in a group, but I think 4 might me pushing it.

Good Luck.

I agree with Devilishturtles. They like a lot of room, so if you don't already have them you might want to rethink this. Danios are very active.

:)

I have a 20 long with 4 danios and they zip around the whole tank all day...no more than 2...3 is even pushing it, but they do like to stay together....any plans to upgrade the tank?

thanks for the quick advice!

ummm ..nah not planning on upgrading the 5g i have an extra 10g but that gonna be a puffer tank ..most of my fish in my 5g died cause of ich and probably high ammonia lvls but all of that is fixed now.. my oto and 3 ghost shimps made it through and im wondering what fish i should add ..thinking one more oto so the lil guy can have some company but i dunno about the rest ...any suggestions?

A betta would be good. But I'm not sure if he might eat the ghost shrimp. And yeah, your oto will appreciate another little guy to keep him company.

I have a 10 gal. with 1 betta and (now) 4 otos. I had only one and hardly ever saw him. Now that I gave him some buddies, he comes out a lot more often.

you could use the 5 gallon (if their dwarf puffers). i think 2 would be comfy and 3 might be pushing it but im sure it'll work.

I vote for the betta. I have a betta and 2 ottos in a 5 gallon and everything is great!

That's right, Otocinclus affinis, a small algae eater. Their max size is 1 to 1.5 inches. If there's not enough algae in your tank, you need to supplement with veggies or algae wafers. Hikari makes a good one. They can be picky eaters, but mine seem to be doing fine. They're a lot of fun to watch.

Otocinclus are algae eaters, which specialize in brown diatoms, IME.

I keep Endler's livebearer's in a 5.5.gal - you could have 3-4 guppies in there if you are looking for a group of fish instead of an individual. A betta would be very happy in a 5gal, though, no question.

Back
Top Bottom