hardy fish that dosent need to feed them everyday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCooper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know some fish can last about 2 months without food in nature.

I know a friend that he didn't feed his Sliver Arowana for 2 months and still have no problem at all.

What are some other fish that can do fine without feeding them everyday?

Is this query to help with lazyness? or a general enquiry.
I find it rather offensive that someone would neglect to feed their fish for 2 months.

Most fish shoud be fed on a daily basis. When you think about it it isn't hard to grap the can of flakes and drop some in or go to the freezer and drop in some bloodworms. So to answer your question not really.
Good Luck

its a general enquiry.

I got 3 tanks, and I feed them twice a day.

But I heard some people said some fish can last very long without food, I wonder what fish would it be.

I heard Piranhas and Red Tail Cat can last some time without food , if they are well fed.

I dont think you should feed piranhas every day don't they produce to much waste?
My freind feeds her pirahna every 2 days I think not to sure. I could be wrong about piranhas though.

Fish don't have very much fat deposits. When they starve, they start breaking down muscle tissue for food, which isn't good. I don't know of too many animals that can go without food for two months, unless they're hibernating.

feed your fish once a day !!!

or if you have goldfish - fasting them once a week is good.
(it prevents swim bladder)

*nod at QTOFFER*

Definitley not a good think to let your fish go long with no food. A fews days is ok, but not more than that. So to answer your question, no...probably not. Unless your a hibernating goldfish.

PCooper said:
its a general enquiry.

I got 3 tanks, and I feed them twice a day.

But I heard some people said some fish can last very long without food, I wonder what fish would it be.

I heard Piranhas and Red Tail Cat can last some time without food , if they are well fed.

A plump human can last several months without food too. Doesn't mean it's ok, or healthy...just means that it takes animals more than a day or two to starve to death.

if you have an overfeeding problem you can go for a week or two to clean up your tank.. when i went on vacation for a week i didn't worry about my fish and when i came back i resumed normal feeding schedule and my tank looked especially crystal. Yeah i feed about 2-3 times a day, sometimes once a day depending on my day.. lol. But if my water looks kinda funky from over feeding i will not feed them for a day... and of course i do weekly water changes.

Back
Top Bottom