Has anyone used this before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am a freshie and am currently upgrading my lighting. I've been using the stock lighting which is just a single bulb light strip. The new light set will come next week, but I just wanted some opinions. I ordered an All Glass Triple Tube Strip Light, Reflector Kit, 2 Zoo Med Reef Sun 50/50 Flourescent Lamps, and 1 Zoo Med Coral Sun Actinic Flourescent lamp.

It is going on my 150 gal African Cichlid tank and have heard that using light units for salt tanks is best for Cichlid coloration. Has anyone ever used this specific brand of bulbs or strip light? If so, what did you think?

I've used Coralife's, but I couldn't find any Coralife's that are 48" and T8.

Malkore- I posted in the Saltwater forum because the lights that I am using are more common for salties, not freshies.

Fishyfanatic said:
I already ordered the light set.

You could return it? If its worth it to you that is, its all up to you. It just seems like a great light for $60, even with return shipping you would come out on top, plus you get a stronger light (over 1 wpg). They have other ones that could even get you over 2 wpg if you wanted to go planted.

This tank definately won't be planted. It's for my Cichlid tank and they are HUGE diggers. With 3 1/2 inches of sand, they still dig to the bottom of the tank to the glass.

I've heard that the light set that was posted gets pretty hot. That's what turned me off of Compact Flourescent.

Yeah, I have heard that too. OK, well, I hope your new lights are really good.

Thanks Tony. I was hoping that an advisor wouldn't move the topic to a freshwater forum. Apparently the lights that I am using are more common for salties. But, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom