Has anyone used this book b4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aridiar

Aquarium Advice Regular
West Virginia or New York, depends if school is in
I just bought this book up at Walden Books and I wanted to get some people's opinions on the quality of info in it. It's titled Simon & Schuster's guide to Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Fishes including plants, amphibia, reptiles, & invetebrates.

I was looking at several species of the plants in the book to add to my tank (which I usually keep at the high end of 70 up to 82 degrees)
Here is the list: Anubias Lanceolata, Cabomba, Ceratopteris Thalictroides, Labelia Variegata, Nomaphila Stricta, and Riccia Fluitans

Sorry, I guess no-one has read that particular book. As for the choice of plants, all of the plants you named will do fine at those temperatures. I have read that higher temps will make the stem length between leaves longer though.

Aridiar, please keep in mind that all of the fabulous people on this site are by no means paid employees who are required to answer our questions. From personal experience, *demanding* that somebody (who is by no means required to do so) answer my questions does not get me very far. If I have a question which does not get an immediate response, I'll usually chalk it up to others either being busier than normal, or not knowing the answer to my post. This site is meant to facilitate exchanges in information; it is not a site where people are paid to answer questions.

In response to your question, however, I have never read the book in question.

I haven't read the book either. Quite often, we skip the questions we don't have an answer to. I realize it can be frustrating at times, but don't give up. We do try to get to all the posts. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom