Has it been done? It must be done.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice idea...I would try this when i upgrade to a bigger tank
I think they can act as a hiding place or even a spawning site for some small fish if you set it up right...great idea

I'm heading to the parents house to pick up my old legos today! I even responded to a craigslist add selling an old aquanauts set that would be perfect! Depending on how adventurous I get, I may stop down at Toys R Us and see if they have any good stuff. I feel like a kid in a candy store just thinking about it!!

You could try using fishing line and a weight to hold the legos down...

I definately wanna see the finished product... Maybe something like the dragon they have at Downtown Disney that goes in and out of the water....

This is such an awesome idea. If i were to do this, wich I think I will. I would start with a new, tall tank. Then build what I want to put in, and make sure that I glued it all together. Then I would silicone it all to the bottom. Then put int he gravel. I would use a nice tall tank, and maybe make some stuff that can float on the top. Who knows. There are soo many ways that you can go with this idea. A space them would be awesome, or a lost city, like atlantis, that is supposed to be underwater. CRAP, I want to go buy another tank so I can build this.......:clown:. There are a couple of people out there that have done it to a certain degree, but I have not found anything yet where the person went all out and made something realy crazy.

Im heading to toys r us to try and pick one up today.... they actually exist! I started building some legos last night and I had a blast. I found a really easy way to keep them under, I just create a pillar underneath everything I build that attaches to a flat peice, then you bury the flat peice / pillar under the gravel. The weight of the gravel holds the entire unit down and covers the unsightly pillar. I will post pics once I have it looking good.

Back
Top Bottom