Has this happened to anyone else....???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyb_70

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a small pleco I bought it was about 2.5" and only grows up to 5", well for at least 2 weeks I can't find it anywhere in my aquarium. I move and shook the decorations and still can't find it, for the past 45 min I have been looking for one of my angelfish I can't find it anywhere. There not bring eaten, they live with 4 other angels, 4 Cory cats, 3 Oto, 2 ghost shrimp and a long fin albino bristle nose pleco about same size as the other pleco and maxes out at 4.5-5" ..... I have a full hood in the aquarium, a rocket filter so they aren't being sucked into the beastly HOB. This seems very bazaar to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope, I took that tank down and sold it. But still never found it.

Wow it's sooo weird. Thanks for letting me know I'm not slone

Granted it was a small angel but still. My guess would be it got lost under gravel and eventually got eaten or decomposed.

How big s your tank? I'd be willing to bet that pleco has a hidey hole somewhere and he's dining in angel a al mode..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a 29 gal with sand substrate, pleco has not been seen in weeks and I do turn the sand sometimes

Ok so my daughter told me the angelfish dies and she removed it. 1 mystery solved. The pleco I wonder if he burrowed under the sand and couldn't get out.

When I bought my first Rubber lip Pleco and turned him loose in the aquarium I didnt see him for three weeks. I looked and looked. then one day he miraculously appeared cleaning the glass and I've seen him every day since. The second one I bought was similiar , for about a week or so couldnt find him at all then there he was. I think they hide really really well and only come out when its dark and still in the aquarium and house until they get more comfortable.

well i did find out where the angel fish went, it died and my little 6 yr old girl, saw her floating and she scooped and dumped it for me..

Try turning the lights off in your aquarium and look in with a flashlight I guarantee you'll find the pleco swimming around munching on some algae. You could also put in a couple algae wafers in after the lights are out. They love them. From my experience my pleco's are practically nocturnal. I sometimes don't see mine for days.

Here's mine snacking on an algae wafer during the middle of the night.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410938045.044114.jpg

I can try that. My thought is it burrowed under the sand and was not able to get out. Idk I'm baffled. I'll try it and see what happens.

Have you run your fingers through the sand to check? I'm curious now. Keep us updated if you find him/her!

Yes I've run my fingers through the bottom. I'm a little nervous to what I may find or that I may ruin the plants I've been adding. Any ideas or suggestion how to keep them from dying? I want to rearrange the plants abywats

Back
Top Bottom