Hatchet gave a good laugh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CcJ23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do not keep hatchets in a tank without a lid! I was doing a PWC and when I came back, I saw something shiney on the floor and my dog was approaching it. I told my dog no and luckily he is well trained to know to leave it. That hatchet just jumped right out of the tank! :lol: Luckily my tank has a lid so I put him back and and finished. He's fine now, just gave me a real good laugh.

He's in a 55 gallon. Plenty of space and he's in there with some tetras,danios, and molly's. There a couple plecos and 3 african tiger barbs or something like that. Not typical tiger barbs. These are long with a lot of stripes and are bottom feeders. Really cool fish!

Lol, I used to have GW killis and one of them jumped out of his tank TWICE! Somehow he managed wih a lid in the middle of the night. :)

I was working on a cichlid tank once and one of the boogers jumped out of the tank. I saw it happen, but I couldn't find it. Looked and looked...nothing. Turns out, he landed INSIDE my printer. He was fine and never had any side effects from it. Goofy thing. Lol.

I think I had a hatchet jump out before during a PWC. When I was done, i only saw two! I searched around but never found it. It was either under my stand or one of the dogs got it. I think it was a dog because I never smelled anything. Poor little hatchet.

I've kept alot of Hatchets over the years and I found that if I had floating plant cover they didn't seem to jump as much. It tends to calm them and make them feel more secure, which means less jumping. Hatchets usually jump when startled. I just added 5 dozen more ghost shrimp to the 220g today and one got so freaked out and turned around instead of zooming down into the plants he came shooting out of the tank and laned almost 3 feet away. It's amazing how well and how far fish can jump.

Back
Top Bottom