have some questions.. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 10g aquarium and had some questions okay so here it goes:
- i have a golden chinese algae eater will she do okay with a catfish?
- how often do i add water conditioner?
- do i need algae scraper with my algae eater?
- can i feed seaweed to all freshwater fish?
- what is an air pump used for? should i get one?
other things i should get?(i have filter, heater, thermometer, and conditioner)
Thanks!!

what kind of catfish? and the chinese algae eater needs to be kept in a much bigger tank, they reach upwards of a 8-10 inches in length, sometimes even larger.

Albino cory i would love to have. and okay thanks for the heads up on the tank how many gallons do you recommend?

albino cory get to be 2-3 inches, so a ten gallon might be too small being that you need 4or5 of them. you could get the cory in a 20 gal as long as you use a soft substrate, pref. sand. and they love lots of plants and hiding places as well.

i have a 10g aquarium and had some questions okay so here it goes:
- i have a golden chinese algae eater will she do okay with a catfish?
- how often do i add water conditioner?
- do i need algae scraper with my algae eater?
- can i feed seaweed to all freshwater fish?
- what is an air pump used for? should i get one?
other things i should get?(i have filter, heater, thermometer, and conditioner)
Thanks!!

Welcome to AA.
I will try to answer some of your questions, but also I need a little more info from you.

You should add water conditioner to the tank every time that you do a partial water change (PWC), you should do a PWC every week, trying to remove and replace about 40% of the water in your tank. The purpose of the PWC is to maintain the level of Nitrates below 30 ppm.

So here is my first question:
Do you cycled your tank? Do you understand the Nitrogen cycle? Are you measuring the levels of Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates in your tank?
If not please read the link attached in my signature (below) and I'm sure that you will understand and have more questions.

If you have to much algae in the tank, you can remove it with the scraper, don't worry, your algae eater will have plenty of food. They also eat leftovers. Not just algae.

The air pump is more a preference, if your tank has enough water movement in the surface (what kind of filter do yo have?), the interchange of oxygen will be fine in your tank. The pump just provides a nicer looking tank.

If your tank is not cycled, I would recommend you to send a private message to ECO23, he is AA member and helps a lot of people with the cycling of their tanks.

Good luck

thanks for the heads up o the conditoner i was sure how often to add it. yes my tank is cycled. i have an aqueon filter.

Back
Top Bottom