Have to go away for a funeral...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zparticle

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do you guys recommend I put in the tank for my fish to eat. I have to leave Friday afternoon and will be gone until Sunday night.

First time I'm leaving my fish alone, all help is welcome.

Unless you have fry, you will be fine. Just do things as normal. Feed lightly before you leave... I've left fish for 5 days, one person on here left his discus for almost 2 weeks with no issues.

I'm assuming your tank is cycled so I'm going to say do nothing ... they'll be ok for a few days without food. Do a PWC Thursday and your set.

Wow 2 weeks seems like a long time, personally wouldnt do that. But yes for the time your leaving there should be no problem. I've left mine for 3 days tops without feeding, no problem.

Just got back from a 4 day vacation and just feed as normal before I left and all was well when I returned. Better to leave then over feed when gone.

There are 3 day feeders that you can purchase. Also, a daily feeder would be a good investment-Walmart will probaly be the cheapest. But yes, in the wild fish can go on without food for days, but why would you want this for fish you are caring for.

Auto feeders are a waste. If the malfunction and dump all the food in then you will have an ammonia problem. I only feed my fish 3x a week and they are fat and happy. So don't worry and do a pwc before you leave.

I've had an automatic feeder and they worked perfectly. Call the AG's office or the manufacture for a refund if they do.

they will be fine for sure, I've gone away for 11 days before and didnt feed, although i think my ghost knife ate a few largish congo tetras. My 2 large discus didnt eat at all.

Definetly dont use the weekend feeder blocks or vacation block things, they are horrible and will cloud your water even though they say they wont

btw, just fed my fish this morning and my ghost knife pulled the whole cube of bloodworms out of my hand and ate it whole lol, hes quite bloated so not getting fed for a few days

Agree with the others, no feeding necessary while you're gone. Please accept my condolences on your loss.

Back
Top Bottom