Have you seen me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HAVAMAL

Aquarium Advice Freak
My black ghost knife has disappeared from my tank?????
Checked all decoration​s, checked the floor around the tank, I even checked the canister filter to see of he got in there? None of my other fish are big enough to eat him so I'm mystified?

Is it a planted tank? Lots of caves? Deep substrate?

I've seen fish disappear before then wham, they're back. I guess they didn't know they were lost.... :rolleyes:

Man, those fish are really cool. What size tank is he in? They look like they could just vanish. Hope he turns up

I had this happen to an african dwarf frog once. I looked all over for it, then just assumed it had died or something. 3 months later it shows up, i was so shocked.

Haha. But yeah thats kind of a big fish to just disappear. So either that's what he's doin...or maybe it was........fish nappers *gasp*

tarpon said:
Haha. But yeah thats kind of a big fish to just disappear. So either that's what he's doin...or maybe it was........fish nappers *gasp*

LOL I hope he's ok wherever he is and that he shows up again!

Do you have any hollow things? A few years back I couldn't find a 5 inch Polypterus Delhezi. I uprooted everything for that guy. Turns out he was hiding in a fake piece of driftwood. Pinned in there, seemed to love it though.

Just found him, LOL I've been going crazy trying to find the hiding spot of my Black Ghost Knife fish, well I gave up and bought another one, and he disappeare​d? But I was able to track his last known location and found them both hidden inside my heater, so now I have two! :)
It's a Rena heater that has an opening in the back part of it, they say you should only have one of these per tank so we will see if they can cohabitate?

Attachments

• image-1581031784.png
    image-1581031784.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 70
That is definitely not large enough for two of these monsters..... or even one, from what I've seen.

Glad you found him though.

Back
Top Bottom