having that dreaded thought of restocking... ugh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HopefulHobbiest said:
I like the rock setup in your tank, looks pretty amazing.

So after readimg your post about the agression and the previous post about ph, I guess I'll ask everyone this question...

Would it be better to just move the inhabitants of the 55 into the 125 when its ready and just convert the 55 to a cichlid??

Thank you!! I don't have it in there anymore since I got it specifically for the cichlids. Lol. But I've incorporated it into a lot of different tanks.
That is certainly what I would do! I would absolutely eat up a 125 gallon community tank. :) the last pic is what I have done with the cichlid tank.

Attachments

• image-3095925824.jpg
    image-3095925824.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2031365985.jpg
    image-2031365985.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1747510553.jpg
    image-1747510553.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 84
i LOVE your creativity... i just don't have any creativity lol, i do my best with driftwood and plants along with the "pre-molded" caves from petsmart but in the 125 i want to try to be a lil more creative but like i said i'm lacking in that area lol

HopefulHobbiest said:
i LOVE your creativity... i just don't have any creativity lol, i do my best with driftwood and plants along with the "pre-molded" caves from petsmart but in the 125 i want to try to be a lil more creative but like i said i'm lacking in that area lol

Thank you so much!! This forum has really helped me come up with a lot of great ideas. Especially stocking! I love the educated people here. I also like going to google images and scrolling through aquarium pictures. Lol. I may or may not have too much time on my hands. :lol:

HopefulHobbiest said:
haha i know i do, it's the slow season at work....

Well, college is my only job and fish tanks are my hobby. It's all do!

I second..or third..maybe fourth? Not sure but the idea of the 125 as a community and 55 as cichlid tank. You can have heavy stock in a cichlid tank because of aggression issues. So you get a bunch of choices!!! Same thing with the 125 as a community tank.

My thing with A.cichlids when I had them was after the tank was setup and stocked. There wasn't a lot for me to do. I like to tinker with my tanks lol. And I just didn't get a lot of that with that build. Plus with their requirements. you are limited to them alone.

In comes the 125 The possibilities are endless with this tank as a community start with what you have a slowly tinker and tweek till you get it where you
Want it. Which may be never. Lol but isn't that really what it's all about? We are all trying to create our ultimate piece of tranquility. Which has an ever changing definition. Well that's how I like to look at it. :)

phishfriend said:
I second..or third..maybe fourth? Not sure but the idea of the 125 as a community and 55 as cichlid tank. You can have heavy stock in a cichlid tank because of aggression issues. So you get a bunch of choices!!! Same thing with the 125 as a community tank.

My thing with A.cichlids when I had them was after the tank was setup and stocked. There wasn't a lot for me to do. I like to tinker with my tanks lol. And I just didn't get a lot of that with that build. Plus with their requirements. you are limited to them alone.

In comes the 125 The possibilities are endless with this tank as a community start with what you have a slowly tinker and tweek till you get it where you
Want it. Which may be never. Lol but isn't that really what it's all about? We are all trying to create our ultimate piece of tranquility. Which has an ever changing definition. Well that's how I like to look at it. :)

Everything you said, I'm the same way. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom