Hawiian Moscow Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottw68TN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Found some Hawiian Moscow Guppies and Green Moscow Guppies for about a dollar each anybody ever have these guys. Seems like a good deal to me.
(Looking at guppyman)

In a way i feel sorry for the guppy, when my dad used to keep fish 35yrs ago there was really only one guppy and you didn't have a choice. I looked in my book today and i counted 171 differant colour variations of the guppy. I recon this must be the most cross bred fish of all time. And IMO they are no-where near as hardy as they used to be.

What do others think.

True, I have a bad record of keeping guppy feeders in a QT for an oscar. Yet I have 0 deaths in my other 2 tanks. I still like the hawiian (looks more like a Betta)
These will be for a tank for my son (I think). Dont think my tigers will like the frilly guys.

I think it would be the guppys wouldn't like the Tigers 8O , Will they be your sons first fish.
That's how i started my dad gave me a tank when i was about seven, i think. Gosh that was 36yrs ago. i had a bit of a break from the hobby and i have been keeping them seriously now for about 25ish yrs now.

Moscow Guppies

Greetings,

At a buck a fish you can't go wrong. They look better than anything I have EVER seen in any shop. I would be surprised if the females bred true - but life is full of surprises. The last Moscow Purples I bought were $50 per trio. Enjoy your great find.

Guppyman

Ok, I need to find a better LFS than PetSmart.

I kept a lot of guppes about 10 yrs ago and wow, I have never seen the likes of these! They are amazing. I didn't know their tails could get that big and flowy--they really do resemble Bettas. A dollar each?! That's incredible.

Those guppies (especially the green one!) are stunning. Did you buy them online or thru a lfs?

Back
Top Bottom