Headed to the creek....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going to the creek this afternoon to look for driftwood and rocks. Any pointers before I head out?? :fish2:

Jill said:
Thanks, Fishie. :rolleyes: That's really....ummm....helpful! ;):lol:

Haha then watch out for snakes!! I got bit by one when I went lookin! Get me some good DW!

look fo what is called a strainer, could be a fallen tree or a bridge support anywhere debris may collect. good luck

Just make sure you thoroughly disinfect anything you may bring home!! :)

I plan to boil. :) I did read about someone boiling a rock and it exploding! :eek: So if I find good rocks, I may need another method of disinfecting. :ermm:

Bleach& try boiling.... I live in fear now of accidently introducing anything 'unwanted' into my tanks! I dont know anything about rocks exploding but I guess anything is possible!

Bleach& try boiling.... I live in fear now of accidently introducing anything 'unwanted' into my tanks! I dont know anything about rocks exploding but I guess anything is possible!

Oh yes!! I def don't want to end up with unwanted intruders. I've read your thread, and that is just something I would have never even DREAMED could happen. I hope the meds work for you!! :flowers:

Reactions: jlk
Jill said:
I plan to boil. :) I did read about someone boiling a rock and it exploding! :eek: So if I find good rocks, I may need another method of disinfecting. :ermm:

The reason most rocks explode in boiling water/heat is they have air pockets inside of the rock so make sure you have a solid rock:p so be careful!!! Upload some pics of what you come back with:D

Maybe its like with eggs, if you start with them in cold water and bring it to a boil instead of dropping them in boiling water they would heat more evenly and not be as likely to break?

And avoid soft driftwood, I hear it rots in your tank!

KlcoKN said:
Maybe its like with eggs, if you start with them in cold water and bring it to a boil instead of dropping them in boiling water they would heat more evenly and not be as likely to break?

And avoid soft driftwood, I hear it rots in your tank!

Good point but I've had rocks explode in fire pits but that's a lot hotter then boiling water :p

Back
Top Bottom