Heater for 30 gallon cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've never really bought Marineland stuff but this heater had really good reviews, it's for my 30 gallon cichlid tank I took away from my nephew that neglected it, I think it's 30 gallons I will have to do measurements to see but I'm not exactly sure how to do that, my question is how do I do the measurements to find out if it is indeed a 30 gallon and if this heater is decent one, in the store it was 45.00 I got it in Amazon for 2220161116_164347.jpg

UPDATE, it's 20 I guess I should have did the measurements before I got the heater

Yeah my nephew told me the people that he got it from was 30 it's not its 20, just worried about it over heating the tank, kind of bummed cause i was going to redo the stocking because my nephew went out and bought fish he didn't know anything about so there's a convict and an mbuna in there, the mbuna is in bad shape from getting beat on and I think the convict is too big for a 20 gallon but I'm not sure.

A heater that is too large will not over heat your tank if it is working properly...
What will happen is it will turn on and off too many times[too often] and have a shorter service life .

Well I have to turn it on 77 I had it on 79 the temp went up to 83, with to small of a heater it has to work harder to maintain 80 degrees so I guess they would both wear out quite frequently

Back
Top Bottom