Heater for 5g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I need a new heater for one of my tanks. I would like one that is ceramic and with a built in heater-stat. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

boadams87 said:
Try these, Drs foster & smith, thatpetplace.com, aquabid.com, kensfish.com, ebay.

I have looked everywhere. LOL.

Amazon sells aqueon pros relatively cheap. I picked up a 200 watt for about 25 bucks.

Most of the heaters I've seen for smaller tanks don't have temperature adjustments. I've had one that was ultra slim that I loved from Marineland, but I hated that it didn't have an indicator light to let you know when it was working. Recently found some at local PetSmart that at least had indicator lights (but still not adjustable).

The Hydor Theo I mentioned before is available in 25 watt (perfect for 5 gals) and is adjustable. You can find it usually for around $15 on fosterandsmithaquatics.com.

The Hydor Theo I mentioned before is available in 25 watt (perfect for 5 gals) and is adjustable. You can find it usually for around $15 on fosterandsmithaquatics.com.

Yup, I agree - that is about the best solution for a 5 gal tank. Unfortunately, there are just not many decent small heaters out there. I would imagine we might see some new ones on the market over the next year or two, as there seems to be a general surge in the interest in nano tanks.

I prefer using an inline heater if possible. Keeps the clutter to a minimum in the tank :). Not sure on the filtration you are running though... Hydor makes a great economically priced line of inlines.

Back
Top Bottom