Heater for small tanks (1-3 gallon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one of the heaters that you can see by clicking HERE (I like how it is easy to hide under the substrate) and I believe there are also some heating 'pads' that are designed to regulate water temp with the tank sitting on top of it.

I used this submersible when I had my betta's in 1.77 gallon aquariums, and its meant for 2 gallons or less. But it has no temperature control, in mine it seems to adjust th temperature up around 5 degrees:
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/StoreCatalog/ctl3664/cp18116/si1319420/cl1/hydor_mini_heater75_watt?&path=c3664-def-CAD-16667%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq6879646f72%7E%7Ec3664-def-CAD-17318%23%233%23%23e%7E%7Enc3664-def-CAD-18116%23%230%23%23a&query=hydor&offset=

And I purchased this one for my betta's when I moved them into 3 gallon eclipse's, and I really like it as it does have a temperature gauge but it's meant for 2 to 7 gallons:
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/StoreCat...nc3664-def-CAD-18116##0##a&query=hydor&offset=

wow, that little heater is GREAT! I was actually thinking about just setting my little 1 gallon desk tank on a heating pad! It gets cold inour office at night.

I see your in georgia too, the walmart on cobb parkway, had these small heaters on clearance, i think the price was $3, think the heater was rated for 1.5-3g. Not sure of the brand name.

I see your in georgia too, the walmart on cobb parkway, had these small heaters on clearance, i think the price was $3, think the heater was rated for 1.5-3g. Not sure of the brand name.
i live in loganville. If i went all the way to cobb county i would pay for the heater in gas. thanks though.:D

The temp gets pretty cold in my house over the winter. My 50 watt heater in my 10 gallon is having a real hard time holding up. My house goes to around 55F over the winter. does this mean i should have a more powerful heater or would 5 watts still work. The tank is just my 1 gallon QT tank right now and im still researching shrimp to put in it so im in no hurry. Thanks. Hey deskbetta do you keep anything in your one gallon tank? Im thinking thats a dumb question but im curius anyway i have a feeling you keep a betta in it.

Back
Top Bottom