Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben K

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I am working on my aquarium right now and got a question that may be a little stupid. My heater has a line on it that says do not submersed above this mark. Though I swear when I bought it, the package said submersible water heater, not sure where the packaging is now though.

I'd like to move the heater, but to move it would rquire submersing it past the line on it that says don't. Is there any truly submerisble water heaters? Or all of them not fully submersible due to the power cord?

Pretty much all heaters, except titanium, include a water line symbol indicating that the main tube must be fully submerged before use. I have found that some submersibles are not truly so and I would adhere to any warning labels, but knowing the brand you are speaking of does help. If you have a choice, go with titanium and regardless of what you choose purchase a Ranco/Aqualogic controller for heater control.

Some brands are only watertight to a certain level - I've had one where water got into it and had to get it replaced. I would just stick to what the instructions tell you and keep to the level indicator.

Yeah, I live in Canada, near London, Ontario.

And the brand of the heater is AquaClear Easy Set.

never used it we have them in the states too. the visi therms and ebos i use all have them but they are fulling under water for mine.

Yes, the heater is submersible. The line is a Canadian issue. I've heard form quite a few Canadians that submersible heaters have a line that indicates they are not submersible even though they are.

Ah, cool. that will make things easier for this moss wall I am making, even though I just cut a section of plastic chicken wire to fit that side of the tank, but this can be changed easily, as I'd rather have oly two sections of my moss wall to attach rather then three.

Back
Top Bottom