Heater/thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

citroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please forgive me, I'm new.
I have set up my second tank, put the filter on, switched on the heater, (glass tube with orange light on).
Is the light there to say if it is heating and will it go off when it reaches its temperature ?
My first tank the heater is built into the filter and you can not see it.
The temp now is pretty cold now but has only been on for 4 hours.

Usually will indicate whether the heater is powered on or not. Should shut off when the set temp is reached. Keep an eye on it, they can stick on, some also have a constant green light on when at temp and a red/orange when it's heating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My heater shows orange light when heating also heater should be placed so that as the flow of oxygen/ air pump should constantly touch your heater so that all your tank gets heated. If you didnt put heater where your air flow is then it heats that particular area only and shuts off immediately. Hope it helps also pardon my English☺

I would recommend getting a thermometer ( i use digital thermometers on almost all of my tanks) to see the actual temp that you are keeping your fish. Idk if i'm unlucky but all of my heaters keep it warmer than what I set it at.so i have to put them to a lower setting

Up date..
The heater has settled down now, just was not certain about the light, I have 2 thermometer's one is a glass tube that floats around the second is my candle making one, the temp on both is 22c but now turned the heater up a couple of notches.
The filter is directed at the heater, no fish in tank, yet....
Thanks for all the reply's.

Back
Top Bottom