Heater touching glass tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
I've noticed the new heater will have the bottom of the tube touch the glass tank. Is that normal or a good idea? It's the way the rubber suckers sit at the top of the tube (as per directions) holding it on and seems a strange design.

Your Heater

I've noticed the new heater will have the bottom of the tube touch the glass tank. Is that normal or a good idea? It's the way the rubber suckers sit at the top of the tube (as per directions) holding it on and seems a strange design.

Hello Del...

I had the same situation with an old theo heater I was using. I found a plastic holder with a suction cup for securing plastic tubing to the tank and attached it to the inside glass behind the bottom of the heater. This moved the bottom of the heater away from the tank glass. Seems to be working.

B

usually comes with 2 suctions cups i put on at the top and one at the bottom

i gave up on galss heaters haha

Yes, standard glass heater. A small one I bought had a plastic cap at the bottom of the tube and I wonder if this one should of been shipped with one as well. What sort of heaters do you use?

Yes, standard glass heater. A small one I bought had a plastic cap at the bottom of the tube and I wonder if this one should of been shipped with one as well. What sort of heaters do you use?
One of my preset ones that came with a tank years ago has a rubber stop on the end my other glass one is a aqueon and has 2 suction cups like I said.

As for my preferred heaters I can never get the temp right on the little analog dials so I prefer digital ones I have a Fluval E200 (still glass on the inside) and I just ordered 2x200w Cobalt Neo-Therms to replace the 300w aqueon on my big tank. If the dials don't bother you aqueon makes a "pro" heater that isn't glass.

I know what you mean with the dials. I've found they are a pain to adjust until I get the temp I want instead what the dial is saying.

Back
Top Bottom