Heater watts for 29 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
Me and my bro have done research on heaters for his new 29 gal and decided to go with the Aqueon Pro but can't decide if he should get the 100 watt or 150 watt? It says 100 watt is for up to 30 gallons and the 150 watt is for up to 55. My house is constantly cold also. Which would be best? Only $2 difference

Go bigger especially if your house is cold or drafty. I had a 200w on my 30g.

So should I get that? The 200 watt and the 150 watt are same length and price at petco. It wouldn't be overkill on the 29 gal?

So should I get that? The 200 watt and the 150 watt are same length and price at petco. It wouldn't be overkill on the 29 gal?

I would go with two 100 watts that way if one dies you're good, you have another. If one stays on for some reason it will take longer for it to get it super hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not overkill. The heater won't have to run as long to keep whatever temp you set. I ran one in my 30g for years and the room was fairly warm year round.

As far as two 100 or a 200w heater, I prefer less cords and "stuff" in my tank. If you have a canister filter, I'd highly recommend an inline for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom