Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55g that I want to heat using the heaters I already have. I cant find my 200watt but I know its somewhere!!

I have a 100w and a 50w to hand, will this be adequate? is there a way I can stop most of the load being on the 50? like when the temp drops my 100w sparks up before my 50 to stop from straining the smaller heater.

will a 100w and a 50w together be enough for 55g?

Last edited:
I think you would be fine just put a heater on each end of the tank. Currently in my 55 grow out tank all I have is a 100 watt and it works just fine.

I dont believe that a heater can be strained electronically especially because its job is to make heat. Most electronics have heat as a byproduct of trying to accomplish something else but since the heater is being cooled by the water, its not a problem if its continuously on.

Whether or not the 150watts of heat can keep your tank heated depends on a few factors but mostly the size of your tank. I think that it may not be a great long term solution if it gets cold across the pond (frankly i have no idea what the weather is like in England) but its better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom