heating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the market for a new heater. I like good bang for you buck deals. It is for my 75 gallon and I only have a 150w and another smaller one to help. My questions are:

Best brand for the price?

Should I add another 150w and space them out or just get one big heater?

I am in the market for a new heater. I like good bang for you buck deals. It is for my 75 gallon and I only have a 150w and another smaller one to help. My questions are:

Best brand for the price?

Should I add another 150w and space space them out or just get one big heater?

I am building a 75 gallon Panted tank right now and i have decided that for best heat control to go with 2x 150w heaters on each end of the tank. this will ensure that your water is the same temp all the way around your tank. I see some people put the heater horizontal to achive a larger area of heating but to me that looks bad. and honestly if you already have a 150w it will be cheaper to but another instead of a new 300w that will then make the 150w you already paid for worthless

CleverBs said:
I am building a 75 gallon Panted tank right now and i have decided that for best heat control to go with 2x 150w heaters on each end of the tank. this will ensure that your water is the same temp all the way around your tank. I see some people put the heater horizontal to achive a larger area of heating but to me that looks bad. and honestly if you already have a 150w it will be cheaper to but another instead of a new 300w that will then make the 150w you already paid for worthless

Very true. I will prob go with another 150w. My current one is an Eheim Jager. Is this a pretty good brand?

Jager's are awesome heaters. MHO, best on the market. One of the thickest glass cases you can buy. I would have no reservation in purchasing another.

Back
Top Bottom