Heeeelp! Ph is 7.6!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hy is my ph so high! A month ago it was 6.1 ,now its so high....
How? I took out all the gravel yesterday to see if the gravel had anyhthing that cause it to be so high.. But its still the same and its still cloudy(green).
4 of my fish died because this...
It is a 29 gallon tank with these fish:
5 platies
3 mollies
2 guppies (i had more but they rest died out)
Senegel bichir (small, no threat... Will go in my 55 gallon)
Angel fish (too small for my 55 gallon right now)
1 silver dollar
1 red blue columbian tetra...
I have a 50 gallons worth of filtration...
What can i do? I changed 50% of the water yesterday, but the water is still the same!!! Its getting me angry! Im about to just quit and let these fish die out... ),;

My ph is 8.2 and all my fish are fine. It may be something else. What are your other parameters? Ammonia? Nitrites? Nitrates?

Not sure about that? I dont have a kit for that, all i know is that my water is really cloudy , no matter how much water i change at once!

As said above what's your tanks parameters.
What's your water change routine?
How long has the tank been set up?
What the pH of your tap water right out of the tap and after gassing off for 24 hours?
Does the tank get any sunlight?
What's your lighting and how long is it on for?

Well i change the water every 1-2 weeks...
I had this tank for 2-3 months ... I have a 55 gallon tank that has an oscar and the water is super clear and the ph is at 6-6.2... I hqve had the 55 tank for more than a year now and had now problems but i only had the 29 gallons for 3 months and already have cloudy and ph problems...
My tap water has a ph of 7.7-7.8! How strange! Wat should i do!

Nevermind i misread it... The tap water in 6.8 in ph

Looks like your not doing enough water changes. IF the tank is cycled your looking at 1-2 50% changes a week depending on the stock. Honestly it sound like the tanks cycling. Cloudy water and fish deaths screams high toxins to me. I would recommend 2-3 large water changes ASAP and purchasing a test kit or at the very least getting your water checked by your LFS. Crashing pH can signify cycling issues.

I have changed 60% of the water last week and 50% yesterday but the water is still cloudy and at the same ph!!! I will try to get the kit.. Not sure when tho..

image-288384621.jpg

image-3320507371.jpg

This may be a dumb question but are u also de-chlorinating your water? And are u just dumping the water in when u do water changes? That could stir up old debris and cause an ammonia spike. Do you gravel vac?

I'm just guessing but I'd bet that your not cycled yet, in which case, 1, 50% pwc is not enough everyweek.
As mummaof2 stated. We need to know where your ammo, nitrites, and nitrates are at in order to help you any further.

That is possible... But i use 2 nets to put under the sink nozzle that way there is none of the debris in the water...

Gordo124 said:
That is possible... But i use 2 nets to put under the sink nozzle that way there is none of the debris in the water...

Explain what you mean I'm now confused lol.

That is some green water. That can be explained by that window that can be seen through the tank in the pic. Sunlight equals algae, lots of it. I doubt the green water (actually not unhealthy for fish) or the pH is the issue. Other than the window, what other lighting is on the tank and for how long. Try a blackout to get rid of the green water. Cut down on lighting after the blackout and close that window blind.

Back
Top Bottom