Hello from Maryland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshnoob1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi im brand new to this site and of course I've got questions. I've had a 27 gallon freshwater tank for about a month and a half. I've enjoyed it a lot, but decided I want a bigger aquarium so last week I bought a 90 gallon tank no overflow or anything. I want to start getting it running but I'm not totally sure what to do. A couple main things I was wondering:
1. Filter- would 2 penguin biowheel 350s work? If not what should I do?
2. Substrate- I've read that sand works really well, just wasn't sure
3. Plants- how hard would it be/cost to keep up a fully planted 90 gallon tank or should I just use fake plants?

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Moving this to the FW general discussion. More people will see it there.

I'm not a penguin fan, the only hob filters I use/recommend are aquaclears. I run 2 110's on my 90 gallon tank, though it depends on how heavily you'll be stocking.
Pool filter sand is easier to clean/maintain than gravel IME, only thing is the color selection is limited...
Plants depends on how much time, effort, and $$ you want to put into the tank. If you plan to use CO2 and 2.5-3 wpg the setup and light fixtures will be rather expensive. That also depends on your stocking, some fish will happily eat anything live and green.

Welcome to AA!

What type of fish are you wanting to put in the 90 gal? That will factor into what type/how much filtration is needed.

Back
Top Bottom