Help!! 1 month old tank issues! + possible breeding already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leovoss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I NEED SOME HELP!

1. I have artificial grass covering the entire floor of my aquarium about 3-4 Inches length. A lot of food and poo (probably, can't see because its kind of thick) get stuck and remains in the grass

2. I have this clear mucus substance with with dots within it. I agitated the grass to see how much debree was within and found it littered with this clear mucus (some with a white dot within) is it Inca Snail Eggs?

IN THE TANK I HAVE
5 Ghost Shrimp that roam around at most stay on top the grass and wont go in it
3 Tetras and 6 Danios that stay in the open.
3 Gold Inca Snails that are roam everywhere

QUESTIONS
1. What fish do you recommend to clean in-between the grass since shrimp won't
2. What is the clear mucus? & Clear mucus with white dots.
3. Thus far the water goes SLIGHTLY cloudy once a week.

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the tank,
Not best image quality, taken on laptop webcam.
Ill get a picture of the "Clear Mucus" and retake this image when my wife gets home.

Attachments

• Photo on 2017-09-03 at 12.33 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2017-09-03 at 12.33 AM.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 58
You could use a siphon to suck out that mucus. My guess is that the mucus is an algea. It will probably come back though. It might be caused by poor water quality, you may be over feeding and the uneaten food/waste will build up.

I would recomend more frequent water changes and a siphon to suck out the waste or take out the grass and clean it out well, if you can use warm declorinated water.

You could use a siphon to suck out that mucus. My guess is that the mucus is an algea. It will probably come back though. It might be caused by poor water quality, you may be over feeding and the uneaten food/waste will build up.

I would recomend more frequent water changes and a siphon to suck out the waste or take out the grass and clean it out well, if you can use warm declorinated water.

Water Test
Hardness @ 180 (high)
ph @ 7.5-8 (high)
Ammonia 0.5 (should be zero)
Everything else is where is should be

Ill be heading to my fish store tomorrow to purchase a siphon, water conditioner, and bacteria support. Hope that'll do the trick

What fish can you recommend to clean out the grass to ease siphoning?

Water Test
Hardness @ 180 (high)
ph @ 7.5-8 (high)
Ammonia 0.5 (should be zero)
Everything else is where is should be

Ill be heading to my fish store tomorrow to purchase a siphon, water conditioner, and bacteria support. Hope that'll do the trick

What fish can you recommend to clean out the grass to ease siphoning?
Im not sure of any fish that get in thick grasses like that to eat algea you might have to do some research if you really want one. But i think all the algea will come out relatively quick with the siphon. And also does the fish tank itself have conditioned water?

Im not sure of any fish that get in thick grasses like that to eat algea you might have to do some research if you really want one. But i think all the algea will come out relatively quick with the siphon. And also does the fish tank itself have conditioned water?

Water has not been treated only cycled.
I was thinking maybe Kuhlil Loach would do the job since its almost like an eel, likes to burrow and hide. Possibly Juvenile Cory Catfishes but I'm not sure if they'll enter the grass either.

Back
Top Bottom