help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokie780

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 29 gallon tank. now the tank used to be a salt water i cleaned the tank and bought new under gravel filters and tubes. the only thing that i am using from the the old tank is heater and teh tank its self. now my tank is becoming very foggy after i just vaccumed2 days ago. i am thinking that it is the salt. my fish are fine and are having no problems but i still wnat to know if it is the salt or what it could be and how icould fix it. any help is appreciated, Thank you

You're tank is probably cycling. Building up ammonia for the good bacteria. Get a test kit, most on here will suggest using API master test kits. The strips aren't as reliable.

How many fish do you have in there?

How long has it been set up?

Only the under gravel filter?

Don't clean the gravel yet. You want the bacteria to build up in it. If you have too much waste then skim over the top layer with the gravel vac.

i have 8 fish total, 6 platies and two cory catfish that only grow to 2-3 inches max(currently 1.5 inches). the tank was set up for about a week and a half b4 i vacuumed it. and yes only the under gravel filter as i am afraidof using any other casue one of my platies is pregnant.

Sounds like a bacteria bloom. Happens a lot with new tanks. Should clear up in a few days. Keep your ammonia levels below .25ppm with daily water changes while the tank is cycling and it will run its course.

Thanks to the guys who have helped me out... i really appreciate it. so now my main goal is to get a test and do water changes to keep ammonia levels below .25ppm. any evtually buy a good filter. agian thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom