Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graemecookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there I have a 165 litre tank and been set up now for year! I bought 1 male guppy and 4 females on Saturday! By Sunday the male has died. I done. 20 litre change and cleaned the filter pads cos they were bad! Have now noticed a few of my tiger barbs are falling To one side and one of the barbs Color has really faded! Can anyone help??? Ammonia is next to none and same with nitrate and nitrite also the temp is 78!
In my tank I have 4 neons, 9 tiger barbs, 1 bristlenose, 4 guppies and 2 hoplosternum catfish and 4 shrimps. Please help

If it was just the guppies with issues, I'd think it could possibly be an acclimation issue or just poor LFS stock. However, if your barbs are having issues as well, I'd suspect water quality is most likely to blame. Do you have testing supplies? What are your water parameters?

Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?

My ammonia was 0.25 nitrate and nitrite very low. Ph was dark blue Is that baf

Guppies I found are very hit or miss. You need a very good breeder in order to get ones that will last more than a couple weeks. Your ammonia should be 0 but .25 isn't bad either it is letting you know a little cycle has started from adding the new bio load. Are they regular or fancies?

Reg guppies? Got them from pets at home! I may buy another obe

Females for some reason for me lasted forever lol! I always had 2 males for 5 females so neither one would be stressed from the chase all day. The other male might have just been stressed try 2 with 1 more female! They are fast reproducers and the males will eat the babies so you'll need to remove the female or get a breeding box. Hope this helps :)

I would hold off on replacing the guppy until you figure out what is going on with your barbs. I'd recommend doing another PWC just to see if that helps.

Yer I will hold off to the weekend I think an see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom