help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmsyah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help me figure out what kind of fish this is? I would very much appreciate it! :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110831_193204.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110831_193204.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 94
:welcome: to AA! :)

That is a GBR. Color usually fades due to stress. What size tank is it? Did you cycle it? What are the levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates?

Thank you, its a 10g tank, I jump started the cycle (I think that's what its called lol) and I don't have a kit to check the ammonia and nitrate :/

bruinsbro1997 said:
How did you jump start the cycle???

It's very important to know the water quality, please update us on it when you get the chance! :)

Also if you haven't read, here are two good links! :)
1.The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
2.I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

I jump start the cycle with a solution I bought at PETCO, the worker there told me to use it >.<... thanks for the links! :)
I also have a dwarf gourami in the tank, and its been bullying the the Ram, why is that?

lmsyah said:
I jump start the cycle with a solution I bought at PETCO, the worker there told me to use it >.<... thanks for the links! :)
I also have a dwarf gourami in the tank, and its been bullying the the Ram, why is that?

The jump start stuff doesn't work. You can't rely on petco workers for your information... you needed to cycle you tank... I don't think gouramis and rams are supposed to be together. Maybe that's the problem, but I don't know....

Well the tank has been running for almost 2 weeks now, I jus added the ram >.< what do u suggest I do? Should I return the ram and get a school of neon tetras?

lmsyah said:
Well the tank has been running for almost 2 weeks now, I jus added the ram >.< what do u suggest I do? Should I return the ram and get a school of neon tetras?

I don't think the tank is big enough for a school of neon tetras... the ram is kind of cramped in there already.

lmsyah said:
Okay so what should I do?

Well, I think the dwarf gourami is fine in there right now, but I don't think the ram is... could you take the ram back to the store? I think dwarf gouramis do better in pairs. Is the one you have male or female? Could you get one of the opposite sex? Then you could maybe add some guppies or something. I think you would be ok with a small school of neon tetras, but no more than 4.

Yes I can take it back, and will do first thing tomorrow morning! :)
The gourami is a male.
Ill try to get one of the opposite sex :)
One more question, what's the max # of fishes I can put in a 10g tank?

lmsyah said:
Yes I can take it back, and will do first thing tomorrow morning! :)
The gourami is a male.
Ill try to get one of the opposite sex :)
One more question, what's the max # of fishes I can put in a 10g tank?

Well there isn't really a number that is reliable. It depends on the species, swimming room in the tank, how much beneficial bacteria is in the filter, temperament, size, and lots of other things...

Okay, would you keep, two gouramis, a betta n a pleco?

lmsyah said:
Okay, would you keep, two gouramis, a betta n a pleco?

Gouramis and betas don't normally get along, and a pleco gets pretty big. I think its too big for a ten gallon

Okay thank you, **** those petco workers! Lol they gice wrong advices! Thanks again! :)

lmsyah said:
Okay thank you, **** those petco workers! Lol they gice wrong advices! Thanks again! :)

well its not only their fault. The stores management fails to educate them about their job correctly.

Back
Top Bottom