HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njclarke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please could anyone offer me some advice on what are the minute white organisms very slowly moving over my tank glass,will they become harmful to my plants and/or fish? How do I get rid of the little blighters? "Hello" from England by the way,this is my first post....quite excited over receiving any answers(hopefully)

I know exactly what your talking about man. I don't know what they are called but I had a similar situation with them years ago. As far as I could tell they didn't cause any problems with my fish but I never successfuly bred anything in there. They could have been the reason why. But I'm not certain. Do you add salt to your tank? Also do u have any inverts (shrimp crabs snails) or live plants in your tank?

Yes,I use salt and have the tank planted up,water is clear,ph,nitrate etc is fine, and if as you said no harm came to your fish then that's good enough for me,strange though,never come across it before,nice to know you understand what I'm talking about.Thanks for the reply.

Planaria. I had them a while back. They are harmless but annoying. To get rid of then simply feed less.

Back
Top Bottom