Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquavic

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Dalmatian Molly died and I don't know why. I have a 20 gal. Freshwater. I checked the nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia levels and they're perfect so I don't know why it died ):

Ok, what are it's tankmates? Were there any markings on him? Anything out of the ordinary? Do you have a heater? Have you had him long?

The more information you can give us the better we can help diagnose what occurred.

How long has the tank been set up?
Can we get the exact water parameters?
Are you testing with a liquid kit?
Is the tank cycled, and if so, how did you cycle it?
As the pp asked, what were his tank mates, and did he have any markings on him- rips, tears, spots, sores, etc

I have a black, red another Dalmatian and two peco that are about an inch in length, one slightly bigger than the other. My room temp is 78° F so I didn't think I needed one

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
GH 25 ppm
Chlorine 0
KH 50ppm
pH 7

Fishless cycling for about 4 days I had the tank for about 2 weeks

image-584839551.jpg

I used this for checking

Those strips aren't the best, and a tank does not fishless cycle in 4 days, although I wish it would! Did you do PWCs often? It may have died from ammonia poisoning. Before anything else I would go do a 40-50% PWC ASAP!

Get the API master test kit, far more reliable. Don't add anymore fish until you find out what's up, but probably ammonia poising as mentioned, you could find other fish dead also as they have probably been injured also.

Get the API master test kit, far more reliable. Don't add anymore fish until you find out what's up, but probably ammonia poising as mentioned, you could find other fish dead also as they have probably been injured also.

:agree: The best place to order the API master test kit is on Amazon. It may seem like a lot of money right now, but it lasts a LONG time. And it's cheaper buying this than buying new fish;) Just do PWCs every day until everything is stable, i.e. NO4 is 0ppm, NO3 is 0ppm, and NO4 is >5ppm. It may seem like a lot, but it's so worth it in the end!

One more question, I bought this thing called biozyme. It supports the growth for algae. I was wonder if that would help with the cycling.

Aquavic said:
One more question, I bought this thing called biozyme. It supports the growth for algae. I was wonder if that would help with the cycling.

I haven't heard of that, but if you wanted to you could use it, although I doubt it would help at all. One thing that is beneficial are live plants. They can help with the ammonia and all the other things:). Especially the stem plants like anacharis and moneywort!

I'm thinking about switching to sand. All the tanks that have sand are amazing!!!!

Back
Top Bottom